Sega Stats, News & Games
Last Updated on: December 8th, 2021
- Year Founded:
- 1960 (as Service Games of Japan)
- Martin Bromley, Irving Bromberg and Richard Stewart
- Tokyo, Japan
- Amplitude Studios, Atlus, Creative Assembly, Demiurge Studios, Marza Animation Planet, Relic, Sports Interactive, TMS
- Company Website
Sega Game Consoles (Release Year):
- SG-100 (1983)
- Mark III / Master System (1986)
- Mega Drive (1988)
- Sega Genesis (1989)
- 32x (1994)
- Sega Saturn (1994)
- Dreamcast (1998)
Here are a few of the most interesting Sega statistics and facts I was able to dig up. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Number of Sega employees: 7,993 employees
Last updated FY 2019
Number of Sega boxed games sold in FY 2019: 26.7 million games sold
Sega net sales (annual):
- FY 2019: ¥331.6 million
- FY 2018: ¥323,664 million
- FY 2017: ¥366.939 million
- FY 2016: ¥347,981 million
- FY: 2015: ¥366,813 million
- FY 2014: ¥378,011 million
- FY 2013: ¥321,407 million
- FY 2012: ¥395,502 million
Here is our enormous collection of Sega games and detailed information on each As always, new games are added to this collection regularly.
Click on a game listing below to find out much more about it.
Please note that some of these numbers are easier to find than others. A few of these stats come from their own reports, but some are based on news reports and not official company tallies. No information contained on this site should be relied upon to make investment decisions. Basically, this is the best I can find and I don’t guarantee anything to be 100%.