Here are a few of the most interesting Skyrim stats and facts I was able to dig up including player counts. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
Skyrim player count:
Last updated 6/12/23
That’s all for now. Be sure to check back soon as we update all video game stats as soon as more are provided.
“The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” is an action role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. Released in 2011, it is the fifth main installment in “The Elder Scrolls” series and has gained immense popularity for its expansive open world, rich lore, and immersive gameplay.
Key features of “Skyrim” include:
- Open World: The game is set in the province of Skyrim within the fantasy world of Tamriel. Players can explore a vast and diverse open world, including cities, towns, villages, dungeons, mountains, forests, and more.
- Epic Story: Players take on the role of the Dragonborn, a prophesied hero with the power to combat dragons. The main questline involves uncovering ancient secrets and facing off against a dragon threat.
- Character Creation: Players create a custom character, choosing from various races, genders, and skill sets. The game features a classless leveling system that allows players to develop their characters in any direction they choose.
- Skills and Abilities: Characters can level up various skills, such as combat, magic, and stealth. The more a skill is used, the more it improves, granting access to new abilities and perks.
- Quests and Factions: The game offers a wide range of side quests, faction quests, and exploration-driven objectives. Players can join various factions, such as the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood, each with its storyline.
- Dragons and Shouts: The presence of dragons is a central element of the game. Players can learn shouts, powerful abilities that can be used against enemies or to manipulate the environment.
- Crafting and Enchanting: Players can craft weapons, armor, and other items using resources they gather. Enchanting allows items to be imbued with magical properties.
- Modding Support: “Skyrim” has a thriving modding community that creates custom content, ranging from visual enhancements to new quests and gameplay mechanics.
- DLC and Expansions: The game received several expansions, including “Dawnguard,” “Hearthfire,” and “Dragonborn,” which added new locations, quests, and features.
- Immersive World: The game is known for its attention to detail, weather systems, day-night cycle, and dynamic NPCs that engage in their daily routines.
- Remastered Editions: “Skyrim” has been remastered and re-released as “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition” with improved visuals and mod support on newer platforms.
“Skyrim” is celebrated for its rich fantasy world, exploration, modding capabilities, and engaging gameplay mechanics. The ability to create a unique character and experience different playstyles has contributed to its enduring appeal. Whether you’re exploring dungeons, uncovering ancient secrets, battling dragons, or immersing yourself in the world’s lore, “Skyrim” offers an unforgettable role-playing experience.
Here is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about Skyrim.
Note: Some of these links may be affiliate links. For a list of the programs I belong to, please visit my disclosures page.
Here are all the most recent Skyrim news articles. We update game news daily, as it breaks, so be sure to check back often for the latest.
- Skyrim: Anniversary Edition is out now adding fishing, aquariums and more, 11/11/21
- Skyrim: Anniversary Edition Adds ‘Over a Dozen’ Morrowind Weapons and Armor, 11/4/21
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Is Getting A Board Game, 2/28/21
- Skyrim might actually have good combat now with this Sekiro overhaul mod, 10/30/20
- Someone Got Skyrim To Play On A Tiny Keyboard Screen, 10/8/20