New Super Mario Bros U Player Count and Stats
Here are a few of the most interesting New Super Mario Bros U facts and stats I was able to dig up. As always, be sure to check back in the future as I will be updating this post as new and updated stats become available.
New Super Mario Bros U player count:
How many people play New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe?
Last updated 7/23/20
Total number of New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe games sold in Japan in 2019:
Percentage of the New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe initial launch shipment that was sold in Japan:
Percentage of the New Super Mario Bros U initial launch shipment that was sold in Japan:
That’s all for now. Be sure to check back soon as we update all video game stats as soon as more are provided.
See also: Amazing Mario Products You Can Actually Buy.
“New Super Mario Bros. U” is a side-scrolling platform video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Wii U console. It was released in 2012 and is part of the “New Super Mario Bros.” series, known for its classic 2D platforming gameplay combined with modern graphics and mechanics.
Key features and elements of “New Super Mario Bros. U” include:
- Classic Platforming: The game follows the classic Mario formula, offering side-scrolling platforming action with familiar elements like jumping on enemies, collecting power-ups, and reaching the flagpole at the end of each level.
- Playable Characters: Players can choose to play as Mario, Luigi, Yellow Toad, or Blue Toad, each with their own unique abilities and playstyles. In multiplayer mode, up to four players can join in simultaneously, each controlling a different character.
- World Map: The game features an interconnected world map with various themed worlds and levels. Players progress through different environments, including grassy plains, icy mountains, and haunted mansions.
- Power-Ups: A variety of power-ups return, including the Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Ice Flower, and Super Acorn, which grants the Flying Squirrel suit. These power-ups provide Mario and his companions with special abilities.
- Boost Mode: In multiplayer, one player can use the Wii U GamePad to assist the other players by creating platforms and stunning enemies using the touch screen. This cooperative feature adds a unique dynamic to gameplay.
- Challenge Mode: The game includes Challenge Mode, offering players a variety of objectives and time-based challenges to test their platforming skills.
- Miiverse Integration: “New Super Mario Bros. U” featured Miiverse integration, allowing players to leave comments on the world map to share tips, strategies, and messages with other players.
- Super Guide: For players who find certain levels challenging, a Super Guide feature allows the game to take control temporarily, showing players how to complete a level. However, using the Super Guide prevents players from earning certain achievements.
- Secret Exits and Star Coins: Each level contains secret exits that lead to hidden paths on the world map, unlocking shortcuts and new areas. Collecting Star Coins in levels is essential for progression.
- Boss Battles: Each world concludes with a boss battle against a memorable enemy, often Bowser’s underlings. These battles require strategy and timing to defeat.
- HD Graphics: “New Super Mario Bros. U” takes advantage of the Wii U’s high-definition capabilities, resulting in sharp, colorful visuals and detailed character animations.
- Downloadable Content: The game received downloadable content (DLC) in the form of the “New Super Luigi U” expansion, which offers a new set of challenging levels with Luigi as the main character.
“New Super Mario Bros. U” received positive reviews for its classic gameplay, vibrant visuals, and multiplayer options. It continues the tradition of 2D Mario platformers while incorporating new features and mechanics. It was a flagship title for the Wii U and remains a favorite among fans of the series.
Here is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about New Super Mario Bros U.